HOME     STAFF     FACEBOOK     INSTAGRAM     Q&A     LOOKBOOK

Q&A: The Striped Pig

the striped pig
The Striped Pig's storefront just off the Frisco Trail.

Just a couple of days until the big event! Today we're excited to talk with Denise Dearien, owner of The Striped Pig, about her interest in collecting and selling eclectic furniture and goodies from all eras.

LET'S START BY HAVING YOU INTRODUCE YOURSELF.
I'm Denise Dearien, owner of The Striped Pig and a true junker at heart! I love hunting for all things old, rusty, and chippy. Once I find them, I can hardly wait to get them to my shop to share the vintage happiness with all my wonderful customers.

WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE THING ABOUT BEING A LOCAL SHOP OWNER IN FAYETTEVILLE?
I love the camaraderie among the local shop owners. Everyone is so willing to send customers your way and support your business. That's the beauty of the heart of Fayetteville. It's made up of locally owned/small business.

  the striped pig
Large antique trunk used as a coffee table.

WHO'S YOUR IDEAL CUSTOMER?
All customers! I love the ones that come in the shop right off the walking/bike trail. They always say "I'm just looking" but find something they can't live without. They ask "can you hold this while I go get my car and money?" Fun!

 IF YOU HAD TO PICK ON STYLE, TREND, OR ITEM, WHAT WOULD YOU CONSIDER TO BE YOUR SPECIALTY?
My husband and I love vintage/antique trunks, military boxes, and suitcases. We love making them into tables.

WHAT'S ONE TREND WE CAN COUNT ON THE FIND AT THE STRIPED PIG THIS FALL?
You will always find fun, unique pieces... items that tell a story and have history. I love that!.... oh and also, the candy dish will always be full!

  the striped pig
Vintage trunks and suitcases repurposed into tables.

To keep up with The Striped Pig, follow along on Facebook and Instagram. To shop The Striped Pig locallly, visit them at 546 West Center Street in Fayetteville, just off the Frisco Trail. Store hours are Wednesday thru Friday 10 a.m.- 6 p.m. and Saturday 9 a.m.- 5 p.m. 

To contact The Striped Pig call (479) 443-2445 or email them at thestripedpig@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment