HOME     STAFF     FACEBOOK     INSTAGRAM     Q&A     LOOKBOOK

Q&A: Trashley's Junk Emporium

image.jpeg

Today we get to know Ashley Henry, owner of Trashley's Junk Emporium and we learn more about her interest in repurposing amazing vintage furniture.

PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF.
I'm Ashley Henry, a 31 year-old Rogers native who has lived in Fayetteville for 10 years. I studied Art Education at the U of A. 

WHEN DID YOU OPEN YOUR SHOP?
I've been doing this for about seven years, but opened my store location in November 2012. It's funny because I started as all retail, but have now transformed into interior design and customization. My little shop has basically morphed into a show room with half the space now workshop! I love doing custom upholstery and painting. It allows me to give the client exactly what they want at a price they can afford.

trashley's
Repurposed wood cabinet by Trashley's Junk Emporium.

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE THING ABOUT BEING A SHOP OWNER IN NORTHWEST ARKANSAS?
The support of our locals is amazing. Being a small business opening on a small budget means paid advertising is nil. My business is solely based on word of mouth and Facebook.

WHAT THINGS INSPIRE YOU MOST?
Color is my favorite part of the job. Color flows into patterns which flow into a whirlwind of ideas that flood into my head. That flutter you vintage fashionistas fell when you find a great piece is how I feel when I see an old scruffy piece of passed-over furniture and decor––pure excitement. Ugly, dirty and cheap makes my heart flutter! haha

Furniture and items from a recent sale. 


To keep up with Trashley's Junk Emporium, follow along on Facebook. To shop Trashley's Junk Emporium locally, visit the shop located at 546 West Center Street, Unit D in Fayetteville just off the Frisco Trail. Shop hours are Thursday and Friday 11 a.m.- 6 p.m. and Saturday 11 a.m.- 4 p.m.

To contact Trashley's Junk Emporium call (479) 866-0262.

No comments:

Post a Comment